Total Calories: 529
Yield: 12 Muffins
1. To prepare the topping, combine the nuts, wheat germ, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add the softened margarine and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
3. Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the bran, in a large bowl. Then add the bran and stir to combine.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Add the goodies and stir to combine.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
6. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top. Top each cup of batter with the topping mixture, taking care to spread it evenly over each cup. Too much topping piled high in the middle will prevent the muffins from rising properly.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.