Total Calories: 471
Yield: 12 Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. To prepare the topping, melt the margarine in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and cook, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Add the apple juice and apples, and cook 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in the rum flavoring. Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin, dividing it evenly among the cups. (It should measure a little less than 1 tablespoon per cup.) Set the prepared tin aside.
3. Sift together all the dry ingredients, except the bran, in a large bowl. Then add the bran and stir to combine.
4. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
6. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. When the muffins are done, immediately turn them upside-down on a platter or baking sheet. Do not remove the muffin tin. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing the tin. You may need a knife to help free the muffins.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.