Total Calories: 982
Yield: 12 Standard or 6 Jumbo Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Combine the walnuts and sunflower seeds in a small bowl. Add 1 cup of this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Reserve the remaining mixture for the topping (see Step 4).
4. To prepare the muffin tins, place 1 heaping teaspoon of margarine into each cup, followed by 1 heaping teaspoon of brown sugar, and 2 heaping teaspoons of the reserved walnut-sunflower seed mixture. (If using jumbo muffin tins, double these amounts.)
5. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Fill each cup nearly to the top.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 20 to 25 minutes for jumbo.
8. When the muffins are done, immediately turn them upside-down on a platter or baking sheet. Do not remove the muffin tin. Cool at least 10 minutes before removing the tin. You may need a knife to help free the muffins.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.