Total Calories: 824
Yield: 12 Muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Combine the walnuts, wheat germ, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Reserve 1 cup of this goodie mixture to use as a topping (see Step 6), and add the remaining mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
4. Combine the softened margarine with the reserved goodie mixture to form a crumbly topping. Set aside.
5. Whisk the wet ingredients in a medium bowl or blend in a food processor. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture. Stir just until mixed. Do not overstir.
6. Spoon the batter into a greased or papered muffin tin, filling each cup only about 2 /3 full to leave room for the topping. Top each cup of batter with a generous amount of the topping mixture (use it all), taking care to sprinkle it evenly over each cup. Too much topping piled high in the middle will prevent the muffins from rising properly.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
8. Cool the muffins at least 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.