Total Calories: 298
Yield: 1 Pizza
1. Place all the dough ingredients in a bread machine and process until the dough has risen once. If you do not have a bread machine, mix together all the dough ingredients in a large bowl and knead by hand for at least 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for about 1 hour in a warm place.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onions and sauté over low heat for about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté very slowly for about 20 minutes, or until the onions are reduced by half. Add the herbes de Provence, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Set aside to cool.
3. After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a well-oiled 11-x-16-inch cookie sheet. Pat and stretch the dough to cover the bottom and sides of the sheet.
4. When the onion-garlic mixture has cooled, spread it evenly over the crust. Place the pizza in a cold oven, then turn the heat to 375°F. Bake the pizza about 10 minutes, or until the crust is crispy and golden brown. (Lift the edge of the pizza to check the underside.)
5. Cut into 12 slices and serve as a main course with soup or a salad, or cut into small squares and serve as a party appetizer.
*Vital wheat gluten is a wonderful addition to whole-grain breads because it helps them rise and attain a pleasingly light texture. It can be purchased at natural food stores.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.