Total Calories: 299
Yield: 1 Flat Loaf
1. Place all the dough ingredients in a bread machine and process until the dough has risen once. If you do not have a bread machine, mix together all the dough ingredients in a large bowl and knead by hand for at least 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for about 1 hour in a warm place.
2. When the dough has doubled in bulk, remove it from the machine and flatten it onto an oiled 11-x-16-inch cookie sheet. It is not necessary for the dough to completely cover the cookie sheet.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the topping ingredients and spread over the dough. Let the dough rise, uncovered or lightly covered with a damp dish towel, for about 30 minutes in a warm place.
4. Place the dough in a cold oven, then turn the heat to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown on the top and bottom.
5. Cut into squares and serve warm. Leftover slices can be frozen; to reheat, let thaw, then toast briefly.
*Vital wheat gluten is a wonderful addition to whole-grain breads because it helps them rise and attain a pleasingly light texture. It can be purchased at natural food stores.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.