Total Calories: 147
1. Pick through the lentils to remove any dirt, stones, or damaged legumes, then wash and drain. Set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy kettle such as a cast-iron Dutch oven. Add the onion, bay leaves, and rosemary, and sauté over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 10 minutes more.
3. Place the lentils, water, and vinegar in the pot with the onions and garlic, and cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 40 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
4. Add the tamari and simmer slowly, stirring occasionally, about 20–30 minutes more, or until the broth becomes rich and thick. If it becomes too thick, add more water.
5. Before serving, add the cayenne pepper. Enjoy with fresh whole-grain bread and a salad.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.