Total Calories: 417
Yield: 1 Pizza
1. Place all the dough ingredients in a bread machine and process until the dough has risen once. If you do not have a bread machine, mix together all the dough ingredients in a large bowl and knead by hand for at least 10 minutes. Cover the bowl with a towel and let the dough rise for about 1 hour in a warm place.
2. After the dough has risen, turn it out onto a well-oiled 11-x-16-inch cookie sheet. Pat and stretch the dough to cover the bottom and sides of the sheet.
3. Press the garlic into a medium-size bowl. Add the oil, herbs, and salt, and stir to combine. Add the artichoke hearts and mix well.
4. Cut the tomatoes into slices 1/4–1/2 inch thick. Select the 12 biggest slices and set aside.
5. Spread the artichoke mixture evenly over the crust. Arrange the toma to slices in a layer over the artichoke mixture. Top with the grated cheeses. Place the pizza in a cold oven, then turn the heat to 375°F. Bake the pizza for 12 minutes, or until the crust is crispy and golden brown. (Lift the edge of the pizza to check the underside.)
6. To serve, cut the pizza into 12 squares, with 1 tomato slice per piece. Serve hot.
*Vital wheat gluten is a wonderful addition to whole-grain breads because it helps them rise and attain a pleasingly light texture. It can be purchased at natural food stores.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.