Just for fun, see how many of the following questions you, your family, your co-workers, or whomever, can answer. Answers are on the bottom. Don’t peek!
1. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland was not actually born in Ireland
2. Irish legend states that wearing green clothes on St. Patrick’s Day attracts what?
2. Financial good luck
4. The blessing of St. Patrick
3. During Queen Victoria’s time, one of the consequences of wearing a shamrock could be…
1. A free drink at a pub on St. Patrick’s Day
2. The requirement to pay a special “shamrock tax”
3. A kiss on the cheek from a pretty girl
4. Death by hanging
4. The three leaves of a shamrock are said to symbolize…
1. England, Ireland and Scotland
2. Peace, harmony and good will toward all
3. The Holy Trinity
4. Corned beef, cabbage and beer
5. Legend has it that the leaves of a shamrock are said to stand upright to predict…
1. The apocalypse
2. Luck and good fortune
3. An unexpected visitor
4. An approaching storm
6. The phrase “Erin Go Braugh” means…
1. Ireland in Victory
2. Ireland Forever
3. Ireland in Unity
4. Kiss me I’m Irish
7. According to legend, what sound should hunters of leprechauns listen for?
1. A shoemaker’s hammer
4. Tap dancing feet
8. As a teenager, St. Patrick was…
1. A potato farmer in Ireland
2. Destined to become king
3. A notorious thief
4. Kidnapped by pirates and sold into slavery
9. St. Patrick’s real name, before he became a priest and later a saint, was…
1. Bronwyn Murphy
2. Maewyn Succat
3. Padraig Shields
4. Ewan Macgregor
10. Despite the legends, there were never actually any snakes in Ireland for St. Patrick to have chased out.
SCROLL DOWN FOR ANSWERS
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.