Download this recipe.
2 1/2 cups boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 green bell pepper, , cubed into 1-inch pieces
2 onions, quartered
1. Soak eight 9-inch bamboo skewers in enough water to cover for 10 minutes; drain.
2. Thread chicken cubes, pepper and onion onto skewers.
3. In a small bowl, combine dressing and lime juice, mixing well; brush onto chicken, peppers and onions.
4. Place skewers on grill over medium, ash-covered coals; grill uncovered 12 to 15 minutes until tender, turning both once.
5. Approximately 10 minutes before vegetables are done, move vegetables to outer edge of grill. Place chicken in center of grill; grill 8 to 10 minutes for medium doneness, turning once.
(You could also substitute broccoli, tomatoes, squash, mushrooms or any other veggies for the kids if they don't like the onions and peppers)