Lentil Salad with Spinach and Pomegranate
I just love this lentil salad! It’s super easy to make, packed with nutrients, colorful, and extremely YUMMY! I usually cook the lentils the night before and then just cut up the rest and put it all together in a big bowl on the next day. If you like you can also use canned lentils and even save some more time.
|for the vegan lentil salad:|
|3 cups||cooked brown lentils i usually cook them the night before. or if you like you can also use canned lentils.|
|1||avocado, cut into slices|
|2 to 3||handfuls fresh spinach|
|1/2 cup||walnuts, roughly chopped|
|2||small apples, cut into small pieces|
|for the tahini orange dressing:|
|2 tablespoons||olive oil|
|4 tablespoons||orange juice|
|2 teaspoons||orange zest|
1. Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the package.
2. Cut the pomegranate into halves and remove the seeds. I like to do this in a bowl of water because then it doesn't get all messy. Fill a large bowl with water. Place halved pomegranate into the water. Use your fingers to break the seeds out. Remove the white fiber that floats at the top of the water.
3. Put all ingredients into a big salad bowl.
4. Make the dressing: Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
5. Pour the dressing over the lentil salad.