1/4 cup margarine or butter
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup hot strong coffee
1 tablespoon sugar
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (8-ounce) container mascarpone cheese
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons Marsala wine or dark rum
1 pint (2 cups) whipping cream
grated semi-sweet baking chocolate, (about 1/2 ounce)
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. In small saucepan or 2-cup microwave-safe measuring cup, heat margarine and milk until steaming hot (about 1 minute on high in microwave).
2. Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat eggs at high speed until light. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup sugar beat an additional 2 minutes.
3. Add flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and hot milk mixture beat at low speed until smooth. Pour into sprayed pan.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 14 to 16 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. In 1-cup measuring cup, combine coffee and 1 tablespoon sugar mix well. Drizzle over warm cake. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled.
5. In large bowl, combine cream cheese and mascarpone cheese beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. Beat in powdered sugar and wine.
6. In large bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture until combined. Spread evenly on cake. Sprinkle grated chocolate over top of cake. Cover refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. To serve, cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 feet): Increase flour to 1 cup. Bake as directed above.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.