Download this recipe.
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp sugar
Sweet-Sour Dressing: see recipe below
1/2 head , small lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
1/2 bunch Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
2 stalks , medium celery chopped (1 cup)
2 medium green onions, thinly sliced (2 tablespoons)
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges segments, drained
1. Cook almonds and sugar in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is melted and almonds are coated; cool and break apart.
2. Make Sweet-Sour Dressing.
3. Toss almonds, dressing and remaining ingredients.
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons white or cider vinegar
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
Dash of red pepper sauce
1. Shake all ingredients in tightly covered container.
2. Refrigerate until serving.
From "Betty Crocker's Complete Cookbook, Everything You Need to Know to Cook Today, 9th Edition." Text Copyright 2000 General Mills, Inc. Used with permission of the publisher, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.