My spouse swears she saw a recipe that had ginger snaps as one of the ingredients in the Fix-it cook book for entertaining. She thought it was in the chicken menus and we have spent hours trying to find the particular recipe.
Can you help us?
Dale & Jeanne
Hi Dale and Jeanne,
I'm not sure if this is the recipe you're looking for, but it sound good! And if you like it, you can enter it into your Cook'n software.
Hope this helps,
Desi @ DVO
Gingersnap Chicken with Pineapple Rice
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Finely crushed gingersnap cookies
1 Egg, slightly beaten
1 Green bell pepper, diced
1 15 oz. Can pineapple chunks, undrained
2 cups White rice, uncooked
3 1/2 cups Water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Spray a 9x13 glass pan with non-stick spray oil and set aside.
3. Dip chicken breasts in egg and then the gingersnap crumbs, coating both sides of chicken. Place in the prepared 9x13 pan.
4. Bake for 20 minutes, or until juices run clear when cut.
5. In a rice cooker, place rice, pineapple, green pepper and water. Turn on cooker and let cook, following manufacturers instructions. Or cook rice mixture on the stovetop in a large, covered saucepan over medium heat until the water is absorbed and rice is tender.
6. To serve, place chicken breast over a bed of rice.
Serves 4 to 6 people.
Download this recipe.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.