Broiled Steak Pinwheels
Download this recipe.
4 slices bacon
1 pound beef sirloin steaks 1/2 -inch thick
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons steak sauce steak or barbecue sauce
1. Adjust oven rack 6 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan and rack with non-stick spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until lightly browned but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
3. Meanwhile, trim excess fat from steak. With the back of a heavy knife, pound steak to flatten slightly. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Place bacon lengthwise on steak. Starting from the short side, roll steak as for a jelly roll. Cut into four equal slices. Secure each loose end with a wooden pick. Place, cut-side down, on broiler rack. Brush each with about 1 teaspoon of the sauce.
4. Broil for 6 minutes. Turn over and brush with remaining sauce. Broil 6 to 7 minutes longer or until desired doneness.
5. Remove wooden picks before serving.
(Perhaps asparagus spears instead of bacon for a more healthy option)
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.