Sneaking in the Veggies
by Amy Hunt
Super picky eaters can cause a problem when it comes to vegetables. There are many ways to sneak vegetables into food when other attempts have failed. Here are a few creative ideas to get you started.
- Try adding shredded carrots to a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Add vegetables to ricotta cheese and blend together in a food processor. You can use this mixture in foods such as lasagna and stuffed shells.
- Blend cream cheese with vegetables in the food processor for a tasty spread that is great on bread and crackers.
- Add grated vegetables such as carrots and squash to homemade baked goods such as muffins, cakes or oatmeal cookies.
- Mix grated carrots and zucchini with tuna fish or chicken salad.
- Mix grated vegetables in with ground beef for hamburgers, meatloaf, or meatballs.
* DVO welcomes your kitchen hints and cooking or nutrition questions! Email us and we'll post your hints and Q/A's in upcoming newsletters! *