I am trying to loose weight for my holidays. I have got 5 weeks. I have the use of a treadmill and cross trainer also I can go for bike rides.
Please could you tell me which you think is best way to loose weight quick!!!
What is the Dr. Phil diet??
Thank you, I look forward to your reply!
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all diet. You've got to do that which will work for you both in mind and body . . . something you'll stick to. If you have no idea where to start, just begin with portion control and walking (running) on your treadmill. As soon as you hit a point where you've stopped losing weight, intensify your exercise (raise the incline of the treadmill, run faster, etc.) Your body is leaner (uses calories more efficiently) than it used t o be, so now you'll need to work harder to burn the calories to get the pounds off.
Things to look for in a good diet program include:
1. uses normal food (not special diet bars, drinks, meals, etc. . . when you're tired of eating them, you'll have to go back to normal food anyway; so learn to eat healthy with normal food)
2. includes food from all groups (i.e., balanced diet) (grains, fruits, veggies, dairy, meat, and a little dessert on occasion so you enjoy life); doesn't just have you eat one type of food (like the grapefruit diet where you only can eat grapefruit!)
3. encourages(necessitates) exercise
4. helps you learn how to love the body you've been given . . . helps you set realistic goals for your body type, genetics, family history, and your lifestyle
5. no promises of "instant" weight loss; healthy weight loss that stays off comes off at a rate of 1-2 pounds per week. Typically if you are losing weight faster than that, you are losing first, water, and second, muscle! That is not the weight you want off. Fat comes off (and stays off) at a rate of 1-2 pound per week.
Hope this helps and Good Luck,
Desiri Wightman, RD
For info on controlling portions, check out the article below:
Email your thoughts to us. Tell us about you and your family, and send us a picture. We'd love to hear from you...and who knows...perhaps you will be the star of the next newsletter!