Chocolate Ganache Cake
DVO Recipe Center
1 package Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 bars (1.4 ounces each) chocolate-covered English toffee candy, very coarsely chopped
1. Heat oven to 350°. Generously grease bottoms only of 2 round pans, 8 or
9 x 1 1/2 inches, with shortening.
2. Make cake mix as directed on package, using water, oil, and eggs.
3. Pour into pans. Bake 8-inch rounds 33 to 38 minutes, 9-inch rounds 28 to 33
minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10
minutes. Run knife around sides of pans to loosen cakes; remove from pans
to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour. While cake is cooling prepare
frosting. Make ganache once cake is frosted—if left too long ganache will
become too firm.
Creamy Chocolate Frosting
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1. Microwave chocolate in small microwavable bowl as directed on package
until melted. Cool 10 minutes.
2. Beat powdered sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk in large bowl with electric
mixer on low speed until smooth.
3. Gradually beat in melted chocolate until well blended.
4. Immediately frost cake. Fill layers and frost side and top of cake with frosting.
Frosting will begin to set up after about 15 minutes.
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
3 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
1. Heat whipping cream in 1-quart saucepan over low heat until hot but not
boiling; remove from heat.
2. Stir in chocolate until melted. Let stand about 5 minutes. Ganache is ready to
use when it mounds slightly when dropped from a spoon. It will become
firmer the longer it cools.
3. Carefully pour ganache onto top center of cake; spread to edge, allowing
some to drizzle down side. Garnish top center of cake with candy. Refrigerate
about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Store covered in refrigerator
Help on downloading recipes
© 2007 DVO Enterprises, Inc..