Chunky Cod Chowder
Download this recipe.
2 slices bacon chopped
1/2 cup onions chopped
3 tablespoons almond flour
3 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups celery sliced
2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
1 teaspoon thyme dried
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 pound cod filets cut in 2-inch pieces
1. In a heavy 3-quart saucepan over low heat, sauté bacon until browned. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels; set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings. Increase heat to medium.
2. Sauté onion in drippings 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in flour. Add heavy cream. Stirring, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
3. Add potatoes, celery, bouillon granules, thyme, and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
4. Stir in cod. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
5. Garnish each serving with bacon.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.