Download this recipe.
1 20-ounce tube refrigerated slice-and-bake sugar cookie dough
1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks in juice
Assorted sliced fresh fruit such as a banana, strawberry, kiwi, berries, etc
4 ounces fruit-flavored cream cheese soft (1/2 of 8 oz. tub)
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Turn oven on to 350°. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with non-stick coating.
2. Cut cookie dough into 1/2 -inch thick slices. Arrange slices on pizza pan in a single layer. With damp fingers, pat together to form a crust with the outer edges slightly higher than the center.
3. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown and center feels set when touched lightly with your finger. Carefully remove from oven with hot pads. Do not remove cookie from pizza pan. Let cool for a few minutes on a wire cooling rack, then place in freezer for 5 to 10 minutes or until completely cool.
4. While crust is cooling, drain and save the juice from the pineapple.
5. Prepare fresh fruit. If using fruit that darkens when cut, such as a banana, place slices in pineapple juice.
6. Spread cream cheese on cooled cookie crust. Arrange drained fruit on top of cream cheese in a nice-looking design.
7. Place 1 cup of the saved pineapple juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir until smooth. Turn heat on to medium-high and stir until mixture starts to boil and boil for 1 minute. Slowly pour mixture from a spoon in a thin stream over the fruit. Cut into wedges and serve.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.