We found this yummy recipe through our fantasy web-site, Grand Circle Travel. While a trip to China may not be in your future, (or ours either), thanks to DVO, we can all pretend we are traveling down the Yangtze River by making this traditional recipe.
Chinese Goreng (fried noodles) with Chicken, Prawns or Pork
Chicken (shredded), prawns or pork (Approximately 8 ounces)
1-2 handfuls of Chinese egg noodles
1/2 red pepper (chili or red variety, depending on taste)
1 handful bok choy (may substitute with bean sprouts)
1 onion, finely chopped
Add other vegetables to taste: carrot, cucumber, pea pods, leek
1 tsp each of spices: cinnamon, pepper, salt, anise, fennel, clove (add others to taste)
1 garlic clove
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbs light soy sauce
1 tbs hot chili sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbs vegetable oil
1 tsp corn starch
1. Put shredded chicken, prawns or pork into a bowl. Add spices, 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (if desired). Mix up, marinate for 5 minutes, and add corn starch. Mix again thoroughly.
2. Cook egg noodles in boiling water for 3 minutes (or per instructions). Mix with cold water, drain, and add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to eliminate sticking.
3. Thinly slice all vegetables.
1. Heat vegetable oil in a large wok until it smokes. Add meat/spice mixture and stir slowly until meat is browned.
2. Add all vegetables, followed by noodles. Stir thoroughly. Add light soy sauce and 1 tsp of sesame oil.
If desired, top with fried onion, and serve with a fried egg and sliced tomatoes.
Download this recipe.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.