Broiled Steak Pinwheels
Download this recipe.
Contribute to the Cook'n Club!
4 slices bacon
1 pound beef sirloin steaks 1/2 -inch thick
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons steak sauce steak or barbecue sauce
1. Adjust oven rack 6 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler. Coat a broiler pan and rack with non-stick spray.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon until lightly browned but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
3. Meanwhile, trim excess fat from steak. With the back of a heavy knife, pound steak to flatten slightly. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. Place bacon lengthwise on steak. Starting from the short side, roll steak as for a jelly roll. Cut into four equal slices. Secure each loose end with a wooden pick. Place, cut-side down, on broiler rack. Brush each with about 1 teaspoon of the sauce.
4. Broil for 6 minutes. Turn over and brush with remaining sauce. Broil 6 to 7 minutes longer or until desired doneness.
5. Remove wooden picks before serving.
(Perhaps asparagus spears instead of bacon for a more healthy option)
DVO would love to publish your article, prose, photography and art as well as your cooking, kitchen and nutrition tips, tricks and secrets. Visit the Newsletter Submission / Win Win for All section in our Forum for more information and details.