Show dad how much you appreciate his magnetic personality by making him a set of unique marble magnets to smile at him from the fridge, the filing cabinet, or his toolbox.
Personalized marble magnets are simple, inexpensive, and creative. It wonít take much to create a memorable fatherís day gift for dad this year. Make the gift set complete by making a magnet using the faces of everyone in your family, even the pets!
What you'll need:
Photographs of family members
Flat backed clear marbles
Round magnets (3/4 inch thick)
White craft glue
How to make it:
1. Search through family photos looking for any happy little faces that might fit the size of the marble. Place the marble onto the photo to gauge size. This is a great way to use up any unframed snapshots floating around the house.
2. Once you have decided on a photo, place marble over face and trace around with a pen.
3. Cut the face out inside the trace line.
4. Use your finger to smear a thin layer of white glue onto the flat back of the marble.
5. Press the marble gently down onto the cut out photo face. Let dry.
6. Glue a magnet to the back and let dry.
Small mint tins can be painted or decorated to make a perfect little gift box to wrap your family magnet set.
If you donít want to cut up photos, let the kids draw faces on white paper using crayons or colored pencils (markers may run with the glue). Or cut out dadís favorite comic character from a magazine or newspaper.
Happy Fatherís Day!
Join the Cook'n Club!
An unbeatable value with exclusive benefits for members only.
Enjoy articles like this and many other benefits when you join the Cook'n Club.