Valentine’s Day is the day of love right? We all say it and express our love to that special valentine by taking making a special meal, buying roses, chocolate, or jewelry, or just showering one another with kisses and "I love you's".
The best ways to say "I love you" to your spouse are usually in simple, everyday, seemingly unimportant ways. There are so many ways to say those words without ever saying anything. Whether it is Valentine’s Day or not, try these simple ideas to share your love any day of the year.
1. Make their favorite meal for no occasion at all.
2. Clean up all the dishes and straighten the kitchen after dinner while they rest.
3. Give the gift of your time by performing other trivial chores for your spouse, such as folding the clothes, running an errand, washing the car, etc.
4. Leave love notes in unexpected places throughout the house.
5. Dance with your spouse in your own living room.
6. Hold hands.
7. Prepare a special treat – just because.
8. Use candles on the dinner table. Even pizza is better by candlelight.
9. Turn down the bed for them.
10. Take on any other chore you know they don’t like doing. Even just one day without laundry is a dream come true for some of us!
Share the love every day. Say it lots, buts express it even more by thinking of the one you love and lightening their burden just a bit. Just think, it is much easier for a tired spouse to show their love when they aren’t exhausted from the daily responsibilities we all have. And remember, in the world of romance, it often is the little things that go the furthest.
* DVO welcomes your kitchen hints and cooking or nutrition questions! Email us and we'll
post your hints and Q/A's in upcoming newsletters! *