Breakfast on the Go
by Amy Hunt
If you ever find yourself truly rushed in the morning—as if that ever happens--- don’t skip breakfast! Instead grab something portable. It’s easy to keep a stash of portable foods in your fridge. Try some of the following: hard boiled eggs, whole grain bagel or muffin, yogurt, a small jar of peanut butter to dip apple slices in.
Don’t get caught with an empty fridge. Shop in advance. Buy fresh squeezed juices in small containers, or low fat milk in small plastic bottles. How about V8? When you give yourself options it’s easier to dine on the most important meal of the day… even if you are eating it in the car.
Here are a few more on the go ideas:
- Mozzarella cheese stick and an apple
- A small Tupperware filled with cottage cheese and pear slices
- Fill a small plastic bag with your favorite breakfast cereal to munch on in the car
- Breakfast granola bar (read the labels carefully!)
- Whole grain toaster waffles
* DVO welcomes your kitchen hints and cooking or nutrition questions! Email us and we'll post your hints and Q/A's in upcoming newsletters! *