Total Calories: 218
Yield: 9 inch double crust
1. Place the flour in a medium-size bowl. In a separate smaller bowl, add the oil and water but do not mix. Slowly pour the oil and water over the flour, mixing with a fork as you pour. Mix just enough to form a dough that will hold together. Do not overmix.
2. Divide the dough into two pieces, with one piece slightly larger than the other.
3. Place the larger piece of dough between two sheets of waxed paper and roll it out to an 11- or 12-inch circle. (To prevent the paper from slipping as you roll, lightly sprinkle the work surface with water.)
4. Carefully peel off and discard the top sheet of paper. Pick up the dough by the corners of the bottom paper and place it paper side up in a 9-inch pie pan. Carefully peel off the paper and gently press the dough into the pan. Add the desired filling.
5. Roll out the remaining dough to a 10-inch circle and drape it over the filled pie. Flute the edges and cut some holes in the top crust to allow steam to escape as the pie bakes.
6. Bake according to the recipe directions.*
* If prebaking a single crust without filling, after placing the dough in the pan, generously poke holes in it with a fork. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.