Total Calories: 191
1. Heat the olive oil and sesame oil (if using) in a large heavy kettle over very low heat. Add the garlic and onion, and slowly sauté about 20 minutes or until very soft and well cooked.
2. Add the water, potato, bay leaves, and thyme to the kettle. Increase the heat to high, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove the kettle from the heat.
3. Remove a little broth from the kettle and mix it with the miso. Return the diluted miso and cayenne to the soup and stir well. Serve immediately.
For a Change . . .
* Instead of potatoes, try this soup with Tofu Dumplings.
* Instead of miso, add 1/4 cup tamari in Step 2.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.