Total Calories: 10
Yield: 4 cups
1. Place the oats in a bowl, cover with an inch or so of water, and let soak 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain the soaked oats and place in a blender with 2 cups fresh water. Blend on high speed about 5 minutes. Let set about 45 minutes, or until the solids settle at the bottom of the blender.
3. To strain the milk, line a colander with 4 layers of damp cheesecloth and place over a bowl. (Wetting the cloth after it is placed in the colander will prevent it from slipping during the next step.)
4. Without stirring, slowly pour the blended oat mixture in the colander. Gather up the ends of the cheesecloth, twist, and press the cloth against the colander to extract the milk into the bowl below.
5. Measure the milk (there should be about 2 cups), then add enough fresh water to make 4 cups. Add maple syrup and vanilla (if using) and stir well.
6. Refrigerate the milk in a covered bottle or jar up to four days, or freeze up to three months. The milk will separate upon standing, so shake before using.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.