Yummy Frosted Banana Bars
Recipe from Pat Tollefson - April's Cook'n Facebook Recipe Contest winner
INGREDIENTS FOR CAKE:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or spray with vegetable oil a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In a large bowl, Cream together, butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into the batter.
- Finally, mix in the mashed banana.
- Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool completely before frosting with the cream cheese frosting.
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.