Chunky Vegetable Casserole
Recipe from the February 2012 Newsletter
This veggie casserole is very filling and hearty, and is a family favorite!
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup condensed
- 2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. 3. In a bowl, heat broccoli and cauliflouwer with 1/3 cup water in microwave on high heat 8 minutes, or until done. Drain vegetables. 4. In a frying pan, saute onion in butter. Stir cooked rice into onion. Spread rice mixture in a greased 9x13 inch pan. Stir vegetables, cheese sauce, soup, and milk into rice mixture. 5. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until bubbly.February 2012 Newsletter
Be sure to check the Cook'n Recipe Archive for more recipes.