Total Calories: 175
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. Combine Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat shortening and sugar until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Place in glass liquid measuring cup.
4. MARMALADE HIDE-AWAYS: Fill eight 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray, 2/3 full. Press 1 teaspoon orange marmalade into the top of each muffin. Set aside while baking Spicy Apple Cake and Currant Tea Loaf.
5. SPICY APPLE CAKE: Spread 1/3 of batter in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Mix together 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled apples,1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 tablespoon flour and 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar. Arrange apple mixture on batter. Bake at 350° F about 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve warm.
6. CURRANT TEA LOAF: To remaining batter, add 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup currants and 1/2 cup chopped raisins. Mix well. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F about 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
7. Bake muffins at 400°F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.