Total Calories: 148
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together shortening, sugar and orange peel. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and orange juice, stirring only until combined. Place in glass liquid measuring cup.
3. ALL-BRAN® ORANGE SEED LOAF: Measure out 1/2 of the batter. Add 3/4 teaspoon anise or caraway seeds. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° F about 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
4. ORANGE MUFFINS: Fill eight 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray, 2/3 full. Set aside while baking All-Bran Date-Nut Squares.
5. ALL-BRAN DATE-NUT SQUARES: To remaining batter, add 1 cup chopped dates and 1/2 cup chopped nuts. Spread in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into squares when cool.
6. Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Bake Orange Muffins about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.