Total Calories: 290
1. Cook shrimp in boiling, salted water for 5 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Sprinkle with lemon juice and vegetable oil. Reserve 8 halves for garnish.
2. Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside.
3. In small fry pan, saute green pepper and onions in 2 tablespoons of the margarine. Combine vegetables, rice, seasonings, soup, water, cream, sherry, 1/4 cup almonds and shrimp in medium mixing bowl. Mix lightly. Place in shallow 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes.
5. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons margarine and KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal in small mixing bowl. Mix in remaining almonds and reserved shrimp. Remove casserole from oven. Top with crumbs mixture. Return to oven and bake 15 minutes longer or until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are slightly browned.
NOTE: Mace can be replaced with ground nutmeg.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.