Total Calories: 315
1. In small bowl, combine brown sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon, margarine, nuts and dates. Mix well. Set aside for topping.
2. Stir together the 1 1/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat together shortening and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and milk. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
4. Spread half of batter in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Reserving 1/2 cup for top, crumble date mixture evenly over batter. Carefully spread the remaining batter over date mixture. Sprinkle reserved date mixture evenly over top.
5. Bake at 350°F about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool slightly and cut in squares. Serve warm or cold.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.