Total Calories: 129
1. Stir together flours. In large electric mixer bowl, combine 1/2 cup of the flour mixture, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, salt, yeast and the 2 tablespoons brown sugar.
2. In small saucepan, heat the 1 cup of milk and margarine until very warm (120° to 130°F). Add to cereal mixture and beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg whites and 1/4 cup of the flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes on high speed.
3. Replace regular beaters with dough hooks on electric mixer or by hand, stir in remaining flour mixture. Knead on low speed or by hand for 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Place dough in bowl coated with cooking spray. Spray dough surface. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume. Punch down dough and let rest 10 minutes.
5. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into 14x 8 1/2-inch rectangle. Wet surface with 1 tablespoon water. Combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over wet dough. Spread currants evenly over sugar mixture. Starting with shorter side, roll dough lengthwise. Place seam side down in 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Let rise until double in volume, about 1 hour.
6. Lightly brush top of bread with 1 tablespoon milk. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. With sharp knife, make 1/8-inch deep cut lengthwise down center of loaf.
7. Bake at 375°F about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.