Total Calories: 240
1. In small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and the 2 tablespoons flour. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture starts to boil. Remove from heat. Cool completely.
2. Dissolve yeast in the 1/4 cup water. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, place margarine, KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, salt and sugar. Scald milk and pour over cereal mixture, mixing until margarine is melted. Stir in enough flour (about 1/2 cup) to make thick batter. Add yeast mixture and egg. Beat well. Stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
4. On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat surface. Cover lightly. Let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 1 hour).
5. Punch down dough. On lightly floured surface, roll dough to 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Spread cranberry filling lengthwise down center 1/3 of dough rectangle. With knife, cut dough on sides of filling mixture crosswise into 1-inch strips. Fold alternate strips diagonally across filling mixture. Let rise in warm place until double in volume.
6. Bake at 350°F about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Place on wire rack. Drizzle with glaze made of powdered sugar and the 4 teaspoons warm water. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired. Serve warm.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.