Total Calories: 89
1. In large bowl of electric mixer, stir together the crushed KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal, 3 cups of the flour, the yeast, and salt. Add warm water, egg, and oil. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
2. On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover lightly. Let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 1 1/2 hours).
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal with brown sugar, cinnamon, and margarine. Set aside.
4. Punch down dough. Divide in half. On lightly floured surface, roll or pat each half to a 14 x 7-inch rectangle. Sprinkle each with cereal mixture. Starting with shorter side, roll up tightly, pressing dough into roll with each turn. Pinch edges and ends to seal. Place in 2 greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 45 minutes).
5. Bake at 375°F about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans. Place on wire racks. Drizzle with glaze or brush with additional melted margarine, if desired.
NOTE: To make powdered sugar glaze: Combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons water in small mixing bowl, stirring until smooth. If a thinner glaze is desired, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon more water.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.