Total Calories: 62
1. Reserve 1/4 cup cherries for sauce. Chop remaining cherries. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, 1/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat egg slightly. Stir in milk, oil and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in chopped cherries.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoon into hot deep oil (375°F). Fry until golden brown, about 2 1/2 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with Cherry Sauce.
5. To make Cherry Sauce, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and the cornstarch in small saucepan. Add water to reserved cherry liquid to measure 1 cup liquid. Add to sugar mixture, stirring until smooth.Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and stir in reserved cherries. Serve warm with fritters.
NOTE: To reheat fritters, place on baking sheet and bake at 200°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until warm.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.