Total Calories: 217
1. In large mixing bowl, soften yeast in warm water for 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the sugar and 2 cups of flour. Beat until smooth.
2. Cover and let rise in warm place (80°- 85°F) until double in bulk and light and bubbly.
3. Combine remaining sugar, shortening, eggs, salt, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and remaining flour until smooth. Add to yeast mixture and mix thoroughly. Turn out on lightly floured board and knead until smooth and satiny, about 5 minutes. Place dough in large bowl coated with cooking spray. Spray surface with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in warm place (80°- 85°F) until double in bulk, about 2 hours.
4. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board. Portion and shape into bizcochuelos or small buns. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray, about 2 inches apart. Let rise again in warm place until double in bulk.
5. Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.