Total Calories: 225
1. Combine yeast and warm water. Let stand 5 minutes or until softened.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal, milk, shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and salt. Stir until shortening is melted. Cool to lukewarm. Stir in enough flour, about 2 cups, to make thick batter. Add softened yeast, eggs and flavoring. Mix well. Add remaining flour. Mix thoroughly.
3. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead about 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in large mixing bowl coated with cooking spray. Spray surface of dough with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in warm place (80-85°F) until double in bulk, about 2 hours.
4. Punch down dough. Divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each portion into rectangle about 22-inches long and about 1/4-inch thick. Spread each portion with half the margarine. Sprinkle with half the sugar and half the almonds. Roll rectangle tightly and bring ends together to form ring, moistening each end before pressing together. Place on greased baking sheet. Repeat with second portion of dough.
5. Cut dough diagonally with scissors from outside edge toward center, at 1-inch intervals. Do not cut all the way through. Turn each section slightly so cut edge is up. Cover lightly and let rise in warm place (80-85°F) until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
6. Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until golden brown and done. While still warm, brush with powdered sugar icing and sprinkle with additional sliced almonds, if desired.
NOTE: To make powdered sugar icing, combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 4 tablespoons warm water. Stir until smooth.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.