Total Calories: 91
1. Heat milk to scalding. Stir in potatoes and water. Pour into large mixing bowl. Cool to lukewarm.
2. Crumble yeast and stir into potato mixture. Let stand about 10 minutes until thickened. Stir in sugar, salt, shortening and Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal. Let stand about 5 minutes. Add flour to make stiff dough, mixing thoroughly:
3. Turn dough out on lightly floured board and knead about 10 minutes or until smooth and satiny.
4. Place dough in warm bowl coated with cooking spray. Spray surface with cooking spray. Cover lightly and let rise in warm place until double in bulk.
5. Punch dough down in the center. Turn the edges in toward the center and turn over so that the smooth side is on top. Spray surface with cooking spray. Cover and let rise again until double in bulk.
6. Turn out on board, divide in two equal portions and mold into balls. Let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
7. Shape and place in two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Brush tops with additional melted shortening, if desired. Cover and let rise until double in bulk.
8. Bake at 350°F about 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes in pans. Remove from pans and cool on wire racks. Wrap in plastic wrap to store.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.