Total Calories: 54
1. Mix together flour, shortening, salt and sugar.
2. Add enough wine to make a stiff but workable dough.
3. Roll dough into a ball and let it stand for about 1 hour.
4. Roll dough out 1/8 inch thick.
5. Cut rolled dough into 5x5 inch squares.
6. Place a cannoli tube across dough square on an angle (from top left corner to bottom right corner).
7. Wrap one corner around the tube, then the other (which should ovelap the first).
8. Press together to seal seam.
9. Fry in deep fryer, one at a time, until deep golden brown.
10. Carefully remove fried cannoli shell from tube.
11. Cool completely before filling.
12. ***Cannoli tubes are usually made from sheet aluminum and should be 8 inches long by 1 inch in diameter.
12 Cannoli Shells
1 hours 43 minutes ( 1 hrs 5 mins prep time, 38 mins cook time )
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.