Total Calories: 174
1. Sift the all purpose flour into a bowl stir in the whole wheat flour.
2. Make a well in the center of the flours. Add the salt and half of the milk, whisking to make a smooth batter.
3. Whisk in the eggs, being careful to not overbeat the batter. Stir in half of the remaining milk and the melted butter.
4. Cover and let the batter rest for 1 to 2 hours.
5. Just before cooking, stir in the remaining milk, adding more if necessary, so that the batter is the consistency of thin cream.
6. Heat an 8" crêpe pan or skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan if they sizzle, the pan is ready to use. Brush with the clarified butter.
7. Using a 1/4 cup measure, fill it with batter and pour it into the skillet. Immediately pick up the pan and tilt and swirl it so that the batter covers the entire bottom of the pan. Pour any excess batter back
into the bowl.
8. Loosen the edges of the crêpe with a metal spatula. You can use a spatula to turn the crêpe, but I usually turn it with my fingers. Using both hands, pick up the loosened edges with my thumb and index
finger and quickly flip it over.
9. Cook on the other side until lightly golden (usually less than a minute) and slide it out onto a plate. Cover with waxed paper. Repeat with the remaining batter.
These crêpes may be filled with either sweet or savory fillings. Try ham and cheese or just a simple squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle of sugar.
Crêpes may be kept tightly wrapped for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. They may also be frozen. Be sure to bring them to room temperature before using.
Crêpes may be reheated. Reheat in foil in a 325° oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.