Total Calories: 302
1. Soak bêche-de-mer. Split in half.
2. Slice bamboo shoots. Cut leeks in 3-inch sections.
3. Combine sugar, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar and stock.
4. Heat oil. Add leek and bamboo shoots stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes. Add soaked bêche-de-mer and stir-fry 1 minute more.
5. Stir in sugar-soy mixture and heat quickly. Then simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
6. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste then stir in to thicken.
* For the leeks, substitute 1 scallion stalk, 1 garlic clove and 1 slice fresh ginger root, all minced.
* For the sugar-soy mixture in step 3, substitute 1/2 cup stock, 1 tablespoon sherry, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.