Total Calories: 311
1. Prepare either of the Stuffed Cucumber Filling mixtures.
2. Peel cucumbers then cut crosswise in 2-inch sections. Scoop out seeds from one side only of each section, not clear through.
3. Stuff the center of each section with filling, packing it in tightly and rounding out the edges. Dredge stuffed sections lightly with flour.
4. Heat oil. Add cucumber sections, stuffing-side down, and brown lightly. Turn over and cook 1 to 2 minutes more.
5. Add stock, soy sauce and sherry and bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, until tender (about 20 minutes), turning once or twice for even cooking. Remove cucumbers to a serving platter, leaving liquids in pan.
6. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste then stir in to thicken liquids. Pour sauce over stuffed cucumbers and serve.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.