Total Calories: 231
1. Stem string beans cut or break in 1 1/2-inch sections, and parboil. Crush garlic.
2. Blend Chinese white cheese with cold stock and sugar.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic and brown lightly. Add string beans and stir-fry to coat with oil.
4. Stir in and heat white cheese mixture then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat. Serve at once.
* For the string beans, substitute broccoli or cauliflower, parboiled or else celery or mustard cabbage, blanched.
* In step 2, add to the white cheese mixture 1 teaspoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons sherry, 2 teaspoons white cheese liquid from jar, and 1 slice fresh ginger root, minced.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.