Total Calories: 164
1. Soak dried mushrooms reserve their soaking liquid.
2. Stem and wash spinach shake off excess moisture. Leave soaked mushrooms whole if small cut in half if large.
3. Combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar and salt.
4. Heat oil. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in soy-sherry mixture to blend.
5. Add mushroom liquid and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, about 10 minutes over medium heat.
6. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Keep warm.
7. Heat remaining oil in another pan. Add remaining salt, then spinach stir-fry until bright green and softened (about 2 minutes).
8. Transfer spinach to a serving dish. Pour mushrooms and their sauce over. Serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.