Total Calories: 307
1. Soak dried mushrooms reserve their soaking liquid.
2. Stem, string and blanch snow peas. Cut scallion stalks in 1-inch lengths. Shred ginger root.
3. Combine cornstarch, sugar, salt and soy sauce. Add to mushrooms and toss to coat.
4. Heat oil. Add mushrooms and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add scallions and ginger root stir-fry 2 minutes more.
5. Add stock and mushroom liquid and bring to a boil then simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile blend remaining cornstarch and cold water to a paste. Then stir in to thicken. Stir in oyster sauce to blend and remove pan from heat.
7. Heat remaining oil in another pan. Add remaining salt, then snow peas, and stir-fry 1 minute. Transfer to a serving platter. Pour mushroom mixture over and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.