Total Calories: 99
1. Shell and devein shrimp. Chop sweet pickles. Cut scallion stalks in 1-inch sections. Mince ginger root. Crush garlic.
2. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add scallions, ginger root and garlic stir-fry a few times. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish (about 2 minutes).
4. Add sweet pickles and sherry stir-fry 1 minute more over high heat. Remove shrimp, leaving pickles and liquids in pan.
5. Stir in soy sauce and sugar to heat and blend. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken.
6. Return shrimp, stirring, to reheat and blend flavors (about 1 minute). Serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.