Total Calories: 232
1. Shell, devein and butterfly shrimp. Dice peppers. Cut each tomato in 6 wedges. Crush garlic, mince ginger root and chop scallions.
2. Blend cornstarch, soy sauce and cold water to a paste.
3. Heat oil. Add salt, then garlic and ginger root stir-fry a few times. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pinkish (about 2 minutes).
4. Add green peppers stir-fry 1 minute more.
5. Stir in stock and heat quickly. Then cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat.
6. Gently stir in tomato wedges to heat through. Then stir in cornstarch paste to thicken. Sprinkle with chopped scallions and serve at once.
The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook. ©1994 by Gloria Bley Miller.
"I must say this is the best recipe software I have ever owned."
"Your DVO cookbook software saves me time and money!"
"I saw lots of recipe software for PC computers but I was having a hard time finding really good mac recipe software. I'm so glad I discovered Cook'n! It's so nice to have all my recipes in a computer recipe organizer. Cook'n has saved me so much time with meal planning and the recipe nutrition calculator is amazing!!!
My favorite is the Cook'n Recipe App.